April 10, 2011

Some Genes Don't Run Deep

To Doug's horror, Nate not only went into a petting zoo today, but he actually touched the animals! (Gasp)

It's a big joke in our house regarding Doug's love/hate relationship with the four legged kind. Animals seek him out, but he would rather die a tragic death than to touch some body's pet, let alone one that's in a zoo. Every time we go to the zoo, which isn't often, he takes out a little more stock in hand sanitizer.

This is why these pictures are so funny to me. Even though Nate may be a mini Doug, I guess some genes only run so deep. I only wish I had a picture of the curmudgeon in the background standing ready with the wipes and disinfectant spray.

When I asked Nate about the best part of the party, his reply, "The petting zoo, because he loves bunnies!"

Our good little Jewish boy must be getting ready for Easter...considering that's the day I predict his sister will arrive!




1 comment:

Anne said...

See there is some of you in Natey. Love the pictures looks like you all (except Doug) had fun Doug must be related to your Grandma :)