I couldn't be more grateful for this past weekend. It was a relaxing, fun filled three days. I came home feeling refreshed, and even ready to tackle organizing our hall closet. (It must have been the fresh air.)
We stayed in a three bedroom condo in the Northstar Village ski resort. Both Doug and I fell in love with the Village and all the activities that we could do with the kids. We decided to make it an annual vacation every Summer, but extend our stay for the week. We still have a lot of activities to check off our "To-Do" list.
- Swim - Check
- Make Smore's at the Fire pit - Check
- Eat pizza while watching a Summer concert - Check
- Eat a churro (or 2-3) from the village vendor - Check
- Mountain Bike (Maybe in 5-10 years)
- Take the Gondola to the Ritz for a spa treatment. (Well, that's on MY to-do list.)
- Roller skate in "Ice Rink" (On Nate's list)
- Watch a movie under the stars
- Rock Climb (Eternally on Jack's list.)
- Nate playing catch with Doug's Aunt Cookie. He thought it was hilarious to throw a fast ball in a casual game of catch. His laughter was contagious. Sorry Aunt Cookie. Maybe his training will pay off in the big leagues one day.
- A family BBQ at the beach, courtesy of Doug's Uncle Rick and his family. Nothing better than a traditional bbq on a beautiful beach!
- A family photo of 50+ people, all in the same shirt! (Nate wore his two days in a row, because of the number 3 on his back.)
- Yummy dinners at the Galea's, and in the Village restaurant. My kids actually ate at both!
- Putting the kids to bed and staying up with Ginnie and Saxon, and a bottle of wine!