September 23, 2011

Catching up

There seems to be a common theme developing, and it called, "Catching Up". My last post was at the beginning of August and covered the previous three months. If I'm looking for trends, I seem to be improving, but I'm no where near my 2 posts a week of yesteryear.

Here is a quick recap from the past 8 weeks.
  • Nate turned 6 and started Kindergarten, Yoga, Basketball and Soccer.
  • Jack started Preschool, Art and Basketball
  • I started a new job at Coupons.com
  • Brooke turned 5 months old, and started cereal! (Everybody was starting something.)
  • Doug started covering for my late hours. :) 

I would love to try and write the funny things the boys have been saying lately, but I can't remember them. Infact, today I Googled, "memory fading at a young age". I know I should have been Googling something much more relevant, like how to get rid of head lice, but my memory loss seemed like a pressing issue. The best part of my 5 minute research were the steps to increase your memory. It said you should use your brain to solve problems everyday. Judging from that advice, I should be as sharp as a razor blade!

I was disappointed to find that they missed a few causes. Nowhere did I find that waking every night at 2AM to change a 3yr old's wet sheets and pj's would cause memory loss. Or waking 3 hours later at 5AM to walk down a flight of stairs to make a bottle would cause it either. Then finally waking at 6AM to shower, get dressed, get the kids "officially" awake, fed, dressed and out the door by 7:40AM would cause you to lose your mind. There was a hyperlink though that said, "See sleep deprived" or "Mother of 3".

Having three kids though has caused me to realize a few things. Caffeine is my drug of choice. Going to bed at 8:30pm is mandatory..... for ME. Spending one on one time with each child is much better than spending it with all three at once....especially between the hours of 5pm-8pm. Having a date night with just Doug is one of the most anticipated events, and one that I no longer take for granted.

TGIF!



No comments: