March 8, 2010

The Simple Life

Oh.... the attitude of a 4 1/2 year old. Every night at dinner the rules change.
"Mommy, I don't like chicken nuggets anymore because they have things in them".
Well, that's unfortunate because it was the main staple in your diet. Now you are down to peanut butter....no jelly.
Everything is announced with a rule, tonight seemed extra judicous.
I typically answer, "That's fine, then you'll just be hungry."
He promptly replys, "No don't say that anymore, or else I"m going to tell on you."
I was actually curious who he would tell, but I didn't feel like going there. I was too busy cleaning up blueberrys from the other patron.
It's hard to have a serious conversation with him when he's slouched in his chair wearing my oversized sunglasses.


His final words.
"I'm just going to eat corn."
"Ok, great. I've read being corn fed is better for you anyway. I can check that off my list.

Next up, bathtime where the rules start all over again.
"Jack you can't sit near the spout, that's my spot."

If only life were as simple as eating corn for my main entree, and worrying who would sit near the spout in the tub......I miss being 4 1/2.

1 comment:

Julie Johnson said...

I have to agree with Nate, chicken nuggets DO have things in them. They are practically their own "food group".