Now granted we do have our sweet moments, where the boys are happy to see each other and have a good laugh or two, but when my parents come to town, the boys are determined to show them that they are definitely being "raised in a barn".
Let's see, where do I start? Maybe with the horror on my mom's face when Nate crushed Jack by using him as a stepping stool. Or maybe I should start with counting the number of times I used the expression, "Have you lost your mind?"
And the answer to the question above....Yes, I did lose my mind. Although nobody was asking ME.
My mom and I made a prison break to the mall where I picked up a book at Pottery Barn kids titled, "What Brother's Do Best". I anxiously opened it only to read the fluffy first line, "Brothers can share a delicious snack."
Maybe it was the mood I was in after having spent the day with my two angels, but I wanted the book to be a bit more realistic. I rewrote it. Here is my version of what "Brother's Do Best."
- Brother's share toothbrushes - even when the oldest one has no idea.
- Brother's give each other love taps...in the form of a pummel to the floor and never look back.
- Brother's teach you how to sing....while the other is trying to watch T.V.
- Brother's will help you find a toy.....the one they haven't played with in 4 years and now claim as their favorite.
- Brother's will look out for your safety.....and recommend a "fair" punishment when you break a rule.
- Brother's will show you how to climb..... out of a crib, on to a table, and to your death.
- Brother's will share in bathtime fun....by empting the tub.
- Brother's will help ensure you are up to date on your tetanus shots.....with their very sharp little teeth.