January 25, 2010

Out sick-em

It's on! If anybody ever questions whether there is a competitive gene, I'll be a reference. I'll admit I'm a little competitive. I can hear my family saying, "a little????" I'll just say that growing up and playing sports it was never easy to lose, and I'll leave it at that.
As it turns out I'm not the only member of my family who has to be the fastest, smartest, and now the "sickest". That's right. Nate tried to "out sick" Jack today.
Poor little Jackie went to the E.R. at 1AM with a sever case of croup. He was having trouble breathing, had a fever, and was pretty lethargic. When Nate woke up I told him about the night, his response, "Yah, I'm sick too mommy!" (Insert a few overly dramatic attempts at a cough) It continued like that all day. He stayed home from school because he was "too sick" to go. He needed to rest in his p.j.'s for the entire day in order to get his "energy" back. That's a direct quote.

I went to work for a few hours, and when I kissed the kids goodbye I said to Jack, "I hope you feel better". The peanut gallery piped up and said, "Do you hope I feel better too mommy?" (The poor child never gets any attention.)
The final competition came at dinner. Since Thanksgiving Nate has us go around the table and say what we're thankful for every night. He conveniently always starts with the mute member of our family.
"Let's start with Jack!"
The routine continues with me asking Jack what's he thankful for, and then inserting what I think Jack would say. Tonight I said, "Jack is thankful that he's feeling better, and can breathe easier."
Next it's Nate's turn. He is thankful for "the roof we live under, that Jack is feeling better and of course you guessed it, the fact that he is indeed "feeling better too". In case there was ever any doubt.

I'm so glad I have two very healthy boys!

1 comment:

Anne said...

Still lol. I'm so glad you're doing this blog for the boys- Someday they will look back and thank you or maybe not- xoxo