December 16, 2014

The Label Maker and The Secret Keeper

It's the first night of Hanukkah! The night when we kickoff 8 straight days of pure goodness.  It's amazing how fast three kids turn into perfect little angels when a single present is held before them.

Here's a quick recap on the days leading up to the big event!

Last Thursday: I finally finished shopping for all the presents. Now the task was wrapping and hiding them. My closet was too stuffed so I stashed a few under my bed. Brilliant, nobody goes under there!

Last Friday:  Jack got a juggling kit!  As if he needed another excuse to throw balls in the air. While perfecting his juggling act a ball happened to roll under my bed. What happened next? The juggler now resembles the Cheshire Cat. A little taller and a bit more proud of his secret. He walks around the house saying, "I may or may not be getting the Lego Mine Set."

Of course it's not a brotherhood unless you let your siblings know, that you know, what they are getting. Now all  three are pretending they don't "know" their gifts.

In an unrelated event on Friday - Nathan received a label maker......the gift that keeps on giving! If you are looking for that perfect holiday gift for your Type A, highly organized 9 year old, it's perfect!

As only Nate can do, he took it up a notch. It was too obvious to label items for what they are. He decided to start labeling everything with numbers. If I don't know what something is, I will now need to refer to a master key with their descriptions.

In case you are in need of a big black flashlight, please refer to item #2.


My biggest fear now is not losing my mind, it is losing the master key!

Happy 1st Night of Hanukkah


No comments: